As you know, I’m now a Jeff Galloway blogger and I’ll be providing training and motivation tips regularly from Jeff. I followed his program for my last marathon and got a PR!
Here are some pointers for this week:
Training and Motivation Tips
by Olympian Jeff Galloway
- The training journey for a marathon or half marathon raises your body’s physical performance capability and your sense of what you can do in life.
- Running helps to bring body, mind and spirit together in a unique and wonderful way
- In researching my book MENTAL TRAINING I discovered that running turns on brain circuits for a better attitude more vitality and empowerment better than other activities studied.
- In researching my book RUNNING UNTIL YOU’RE 100, I found numerous studies showing that runners have healthier orthopedic units than non runners even after decades of running.
- When a runner takes walk breaks early and often enough for the individual the muscles are strong to the end. See RUN WALK RUN at www.jeffgalloway.com for recommendations by pace per mile.
- The “exhaustion wall” can be avoided by running longer long runs up to or beyond race distance-using the appropriate run-walk-run strategy.
- Marathoners tend to improve time by an average of more than 15 minutes when they increase their longest run from 20 miles to 26 miles.
- To recover fast, run the long runs at least 2 min/mi slower than you could currently run in a marathon
- The right run-walk-run strategy from the beginning of each run, gives any runner control over fatigue, injury-elimination, and recovery.
- In numerous surveys, runners improved over 13 minutes when they shifted from running continuously to use of the right run-walk-run strategy.
Looking to run a half marathon or marathon that goes beyond the ordinary? RUN ITALY Tours offers more than others do and travel with “Coach Jeff”.
March 22, 2015 – Rome Marathon 26.2, 13.1 and 5K distances
Book NOW at www.RunITALY.com!
Last chance to become a “Legacy” participant!
Closes March 1, 2015