It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 2 years since I first began this blog! There has been so many exciting things that have happened since that day that I opened up this page and began typing.
Here are a few things that have happened in my running life since I became a blogger 2 years ago:
- I had the opportunity to meet and run with Born to Run author Chris McDougall, his running coach Eric Orton and Ultra runner Scott Jurek.
- I ran my 1st (then 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th) half marathon.
- I ran my 1st marathon last year and my 2nd last month.
- I dealt with IT Band Syndrome and Plantar Fasciitis
- I lost 76 pounds!
- I broke my left arm while out on a training run at night and had to have surgery to have steel plate/screws placed in my arm.
- I was featured in a video series by Fitbie/MSN called Everyday Champions.
- I was in the Jan/Feb 2013 issue of Women’s Running Magazine in their Women Who Move section.
These are only a few things that have happened to me along this journey in the last couple of years. There have been ups and downs but I am thankful for everything that I’ve gotten to experience. (Except for the broken arm….I could have definitely lived without that, lol!)
What I’m most grateful for is 1.) being a healthier wife and mother 2.) the connections I’ve made through this blog and Facebook page. The running/fitness community is amazing and I have made great friends (online and out running) that I would have never met otherwise. I’m also thankful for all of you that follow my blog! I am constantly inspired and motivated by you!! I absolutely love the stories and pictures you share over on my Facebook page and love how you interact with and encourage each other.
Enough with me and on to the exciting stuff! What’s the point in a celebration without a gift? Allied Medals was kind enough to send me my very own Slow is the New Fast medal hanger and now you can win one of your own!
You can choose one like mine, one without the girl or you can choose a completely different style!
Click the link below to enter!
As required by the FTC: I received this product for a review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.
If you would like to sponsor a giveaway on my blog (or you know someone that does) please contact me by sending me an email to email@example.com. I will always disclose whether or not the giveaway is sponsored by someone else or if it is one of my very own.