Here’s what you need to do to enter:
1. Go to Facebook and become a fan of Run Like a Mother, then come back and let me know you did – don’t forget to leave your FB name. Tell them I sent you, if you don’t mind. 🙂 (+2 entries)
2. Like Slow is the New Fast on Facebook, leave a comment here. (+2 entries)
3. Tell me which distance and/or race you’d like to Train Like a Mother for. (+2 entries)
4. Follow my blog. (+2 entries)
1. Run on over to AnotherMotherRunner.com and follow their blog. (+2)
2. Follow me on Twitter, leave your Twitter handle here. (if you have Twitter). (+2)
3. Tweet about it, “I can’t wait to #trainlikeamother with @SBSOnTheRun, @dimityontherun & @GinaMooney! #slowisthenewfast” (+3)
4. Announce this giveaway on your own blog, and let me know. (Leave a link to your blog, please!) (+3 entries)
5. Post this giveaway on Facebook or tweet about it on Twitter. (+3)
That’s it! I’m sure you’re getting used to this by now. 😉 This giveaway will end on Thursday, March 29th and I’ll announce the winner on Friday, March 30th.
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry and please enter only in the ways listed above. I reserve the right to delete comments not adhering to the above entry guidelines. You must be 18+ years old & live in the USA or Canada. The winner will be notified via email and/or announcement on this blog, Facebook or Twitter. They will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen.
Since today is my 1st Blogiversary, I wanted to celebrate in a big way by giving away a signed copy of Train Like a Mother! These are the awesome ladies who also authored Run Like a Mother. In TLAM, Dimity McDowell and Sara Bowen Shea offer up realistic training plans that are helpful and add a big dose of humor, which every mom needs….I know I do!
Here’s a quick description of the book that Amazon.com provided (where you can buy this book, btw, if you don’t win it):
Since the publication of their first book, Run Like a Mother, the authors have built up an engaged, vibrant tribe of women runners–more than 10,000 fans on Facebook and an average of 2,500 daily visitors to anothermotherrunner.com–who are clamoring for another book. At its core, Train Like a Mother will comprehensively cover how to train for a race, including training plans for four race distances (5K, 10K, half-marathon, and marathon) for both beginner and more experienced runners; the importance of recovery; pre- and post-race nutrition; strength training; injury prevention (and rehab); and everything busy women need to know to add racing to their multitasking schedules. It is all presented with the same wit, empathy, and tone the avid fans connect and identify with.
The book is divided into 13.1 chapters -the distance of a half-marathon, the sweet spot for many mother runners -narrated by both Sarah and Dimity. Like the first book, Train Like a Mother chapters have plenty of sidebars, including Practical Motherly Advice (helpful information about training and race-related advice), Take It from a Mother (advice and answers from the growing tribe of running moms), and Racy Talk (entertaining, race-related stories from the authors and other moms). The .1 sections are entertaining “commercial breaks” celebrating the sport of running and the added thrill of racing.
If you are like I was, I know you’re going to be so excited to finally get your hands on this book! (Don’t forget it will be signed too!)
Have a piece of virtual cake (click it) and get signed up for the giveaway!:)