It’s time to G.O. H.A.R.D.
This year’s annual Globally Organized Hug A Runner Day celebration will be the biggest yet!
Are you ready to Share the Sweat?
November 20, 2013 is going to be a HUGE celebration!
Runners of all styles, ages, genders, speeds, sizes, and ethnicities will unite in an embrace as we celebrate the Third Annual Hug a Runner Day! Every runner deserves a hug. A real hug. The kind of hug that says, “Even if I don’t understand why you do it, I appreciate and recognize your effort.”
We are adding several new twists to the celebration this year as we wrap our arms around cross country runners, track runners, road racers, walkers, joggers, and sloggers. Nothing shows our unity better than a great big sweaty hug!
What’s new this year?
1. Giveaways all over Facebook: See the list below and join our event page for more details.
2. Event in Portland: There has never been a fun run like this one! Click here to read about the First Annual G.O. H.A.R.D. Fun Run sponsored by Fit Right.
3. Group Run Contest: Read about our fun run, and then help organize or create something similar in your community. We are going to visit the town with the biggest/most spirited celebration some time in 2014!!
4. Cool New Shirts: Get your Official G.O. H.A.R.D. shirts now!
4 Ways To Participate Before The Event:
1. Practice hugging as many runners as possible.
2. Go to the Hug a Runner event page on Facebook and click the blue “Join” button. Don’t forget to invite your friends!
3. Follow these pages. At least one of these Facebook pages will be giving away free stuff every single day leading up to the event: Distant Runners, Runner Unleashed, Ultra Moms on a Mission, Running Through Chaos, Run Like a Girl, I Run to Drink, Run Hard Always Finish, Run Junkees, Slow is the New Fast, No Limits Running, Dare to Be Different, and Life in the Day of a Runner.
4. Share this blog or write your own. If you have a blog, you have permission to use anything you find on this post.
4 Ways To Participate On November 20th:
1. Wear running shoes all day long. If possible, wear an old race bib. If you see someone wearing these items, run up and give them a hug!
2. Organize a group hug with your training group. Send us a picture of your G.O. H.A.R.D. celebration. The pic with the most spirit/creativity/people will be visited by us Adam Goucher and Tim Catalano in 2014!! More details to follow.
3. Send every runner you know a virtual hug by enclosing their names in double brackets like this ((Adam and Tim)).
4. Commit random acts of hugging.
I’m so excited to announce that I will be giving away an autographed copy of the book Running the Edge by Adam Goucher and Tim Catalano!! Don’t forget to check out their Facebook page here!
Want a chance to win?
Click the link below to enter!!
Good luck and don’t forget to G.O. H.A.R.D. on November 2oth!!!