The fun of running with a group pulled me into the sport 57 years ago. Running and training with my friends Steve Prefontaine, Frank Shorter and Bill Rodgers brought out the best of running in me — while we became good friends, and Olympians. As I travel the US this season for our Galloway training program kickoffs, I see the same fun, support and friendship development. I hope to see many of you at our free clinics. Here are the ways I’ve observed runners of all abilities improve more and have more fun when in the right group.
1. Great friendships
2. The miles go by quicker — telling stories, sharing life experiences.
3. Guidance in running with the right group for you with the appropriate run walk run strategy.
4. Because the group is waiting for you, you will stay motivated and get out there more often.
5. You’ll learn about some interesting races, places to run, and fun running experiences.
6. On the really tough workouts and races, the group will pull you through.
7. Access to tools for management of nutrition, fluids, motivation, aches/pains.
8. The right group leadership can fine-tune the pace of each workout, avoiding injury/exhaustion.
9. Helping others who are struggling bestows an amazing sense of achievement.
10. Sharing the empowerment of finishing a long run can change your life.
Most groups, like our Galloway programs allow runners to try them out for free. Together we can celebrate fitness and inspire others to improve the quality of their lives.
Highlights of this year’s Galloway Training Programs:
- Discount on the Jeff Galloway 13.1 and Barb’s 5K
- 50% discount of Jeff Galloway’s Running Schools and Blue MT Beach Retreats
- Discounts on Phidippides products – Jeff’s store and the original running specialty store
- Discounts on ElliptiGO, my favorite way to cross train outside
- Discounts on Pacific Health Products Accelerade & Endurox
- Discounts on Cooper Complete vitamins
- Galloway Alumni hat available just for those who have been a part of our team before
- Newly redesigned Galloway Training medal to celebrate completion of this year’s program
A Note From Jeff
Visit http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training-groups/list-of-cities/ to find your closest Galloway Training Program, and ask me for more details about what I love about my Galloway group.
I hope you’re having a great week!
As a Galloway blogger, I’ve been provided tips by Jeff Galloway to share with my readers. There is no compensation for this post.