I haven’t been on Team Tough Chik long but I’m already finding out what great ladies they are! We have our own page that we talk about our sports we love, ask questions, get tons of encouragement and in the process, we’re having lots fun getting to know each other. I was honored to be picked by 2 of my teammates in as many days to write 11 random things about me, then answer 11 questions that she has for me and then write my own questions and pick some chicks to do the same for me! Journey of a Canuck Mom on the Run was the first to tag me and then Larissa Milano Fitness.
I’ll answer questions in the order that I received them. 🙂
Here is how it works:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I LOVE shoes but I have very large feet – size 12 (11 sometimes). I’ve always had trouble finding shoes that fit me because all of the cute shoes don’t usually go up that high in size. Unfortunately, if they do have them, when they are super enlarged, that don’t look that “cute” anymore, lol. I’m always so excited when I find the exact running shoes that I want in my size and don’t have to get the men’s style.
2. I have really curly hair but it only became this way after my last 2 children were born. My hair was wavy before but now it’s out of control!! I don’t really like how it looks on me so I straighten it constantly. Of course, as soon as I sweat or go outside in the humidity, it curls again. Sigh.
3. I broke my arm while out for a run November 1, 2011 and I had to have a metal plate with screws put in it. On November 19, 2011, I ran in a 5k race. It hurt like heck but it was for a good cause to help a very sick lady. My time wasn’t that great but I showed myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to.
4. I eat ketchup with my scrambled eggs.
5. I chew the same type of gum (Orbit peppermint) every time I run and I freak out
just a little a lot if I forget it or have to chew a different flavor.
6. My favorite super hero when I was little was Wonder Woman. I would dress up in my Wonder Woman Underoos with my golden lasso (gold jump rope) and watch her tv show. Ok, I still love Wonder Woman. In fact, I dressed up as her in the Jazz Half Marathon in New Orleans last October! 🙂
7. I love Scrabble and finding out about Words with Friends a few weeks ago has been like Christmas for me, lol! I currently have 16 games going on right now with various friends. Is that normal? I hope so.
8. I didn’t go to Disney World for the first time until I was 30 yrs old. I cried when I saw the castle, when we watched the fireworks, when I had my picture made with Mickey and when we had to leave. We’ve gone back twice after that and I still cry, especially when it’s time to leave.
9. I took voice lessons for 8 years and during that time, a little 4 yr old girl and her sisters started taking lessons too. Her name is Lacey Chabert. After she got older she played the little girl in Party of Five, was one of the daughters in Lost in Space, was of the Mean Girls and was in Daddy Day Care. I tweeted her last week and she messaged back and remembered me after all these years. Kinda cool! 🙂
10. I’d like to go back to school one day and become a psychologist – even though I might be 70 when I find time to do it, haha. I love to listen to people and try to help them (if they want it). I also love meteorology but I think psychology is better suited for me.
11. I cry at parades. Not just at Disney World. All of them. I don’t know why but I do. :p
Journey of a Canuck Mom on the Run’s Questions for me:
Larissa Milano Fitness’ Questions:
1. How long have you been running and what made you start? It will be 2 years on February 8. I don’t know what made me start. I didn’t start out trying to train myself to run. I started walking to try and improve my health and it was a natural progression.
2. What is the farthest place that you have traveled to? The Portuguese Azores. I lived on the island of Terceira.
3. Favorite race that you have run? The Jazz Half Marathon in New Orleans. (10/29/11)
4. Favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Take a nap. 🙂
5. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why? Since Canuck Mom asked me who I’d like to meet that’s alive, I’ll go with who I’d like to meet that’s dead. I think I’d like to meet Albert Einstein. I bet he’d be very interesting to talk to.
6. Do you have any pets? What are they? *See #9 in the questions above*
7. Craziest thing you have ever done? Ran in 2 races with a stress fracture. (Wait, you said craziest, not dumbest, lol)
8. Biggest fear and why? Probably the same fear any mother has and that’s something happening to one of my kids.
9. If you won the lotto would you still keep your current job? If not what would you do? Yes, I would keep my current job (stay at home mom) but I might hire a cook, lol!
10. What was your #1 New Years Resolution? Are you still on track? I didn’t really make a “resolution”. As far as running goes, I have a goal to try to get faster this year. Non-running goals are to try to simplify and be more organized with things at home.
11. One bad habit you want to break? I need to be a more positive thinker and stop worrying so much. Sometimes my biggest obstacles are inside of my head.
Here are 11 questions for you:
1. How many pairs of running shoes do you have and are they all the same brand?
2. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
3. What race/races do you have on your bucket list?
4. Running with an Ipod. Yes or no? Why?
5. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
6. Were you an athlete in high school or did you become one as an adult?
7. Why did you start your blog?(Ex: accountability, encourage others, etc)
8. Do you wear running skirts? If yes, which are your faves?
9. Have you ever had a running injury?
10. What’s your favorite distance to run?
11. Where’s your most relaxing place to be? (It can be a place in your home or somewhere you travel to.)
Now for the list of ladies I’ve tagged: