I was absolutely thrilled to find out recently that I had been chosen to participate as a Jeff Galloway Blogger! I’ve used his run/walk methods in the past and then trained strictly for my last marathon (more on that in another post!) that was on January 25, 2015 using run/walk intervals and I set a PR!!
By being a Jeff Galloway Blogger, I’ll have the opportunity to share valuable information with you on training straight from Jeff weekly!
Here are some tips from Jeff this week:
Training and Motivation Tips
by Olympian Jeff Galloway
- When paced correctly, running delivers the best attitude boost you can get. Sustain this by pacing yourself gently during the first mile or three.
- A well-paced run enhances vitality for the rest of the day. Start each run at least 30 seconds a mile slower than you will run at the end.
- If you have a Run Walk Run strategy that is right for you on that day, it’s possible to feel good after every run-even the marathon.
- Running is the best stress reliever I’ve found. Research shows that running tends to activate the conscious brain which over-rides the emotional subconscious brain and manages the negative and anxiety hormones during and after the run.
- Research shows that as runners get faster, their stride length shortens. A quicker cadence is the mechanical key to faster running.
- The finishing of a run that is longer than you’ve run in the last 3 weeks can bestow a sense of achievement that is unique and empowering-due to positive brain circuits that are turned on.
- You can’t run a long run too slowly or take too many walk breaks. You’ll get the same endurance based upon the distance covered.
Olympian Jeff Galloway has coached over a million runners to their goals through his clinics, wonderful retreats, training programs, books and e-coaching. Sign up for his free newsletter at www.JeffGalloway.com. You can also find more information by going to http://www.runinjuryfree.com.
Looking to run a half marathon or marathon that goes beyond the ordinary? RUN ITALY Tours offers more than others do and travel with “Coach Jeff”.
March 22, 2015 – Rome Marathon 26.2, 13.1 and 5K distances
Book and save up to $200 at www.RunITALY.com. Offer expires 2/14/15.
As a Galloway blogger, I’ve been provided tips by Jeff Galloway to share with my readers. There is no compensation for this post.