We all have different ideas of what’s enjoyable when it comes to fitness. The important thing is to find something that you enjoy and look forward to making a part of your day.
Here are a few tips that might help you get started:
- Make it fun! Find an activity that you look forward to doing instead of something you dread.
- Workout with a friend. You’re more likely to follow through with an exercise program when you hold each other accountable.
- Make goals to work towards.
- Be realistic and patient with yourself. Major lifestyle changes take time.
- Consult with a dietician that can assist you with finding an eating plan specific for you and your needs.
Of course, you already know the activity that I enjoy most is running. When I first decided to try to develop a more active lifestyle, I began by taking short walks in the evenings up and down our street. Eventually, I slowly started going to a local track and running trail and started mixing running in with my walking. Before I knew it, I was running without stopping and was able to complete my 1st 5k! Since then, I’ve run 3 marathons, 6 half marathons and numerous 5k and 10k races but it all started a little over 4 years ago when I made the decision to make healthy changes in my life.
Alison Sweeney has teamed up with Aetna and their campaign What’s Your Healthy? Here are a few tips for you from Alison if you’re interested in becoming a runner:
You can find lots of great tips on living a healthier lifestyle, as well as share some of your own tips on the What’s Your Healthy? website.
If you have something that you’d like to share, join in on the conversation by using the hashtag #AetnaMyHealthy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AETNA®. The opinions and text are all mine.